St. John’s LWML/Ladies Aid New:
In July of 1942, the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League or LWML was founded by 28 delegates from 15 districts in Chicago, Illinois. Today, over 80 years later, it is active in every district of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
In thanksgiving for 80 years of the LWML, all societies were encouraged to reflect God’s love by blessing others with 80 of something. The members of St. John’s Ladies Aid set a goal of collecting and donating at least 80 needed wish list items to the Gift of Life Transplant House in Rochester. For over 35 years, the Gift of Life Transplant House has provided a “home that helps and heals” to transplant patients and their caregivers. The home is always in need of donated items and monetary donations to help keep the costs of providing this wonderful service at a minimum for the families going through such serious medical situations.
At the October St. John’s Ladies Aid meeting held earlier this month, Ladies Aid members brought in nearly twice the goal of 80 needed items for the Gift of Life Transplant House! Thanks to Ladies Aid members, Marlys Dodd and Kathe Schroeder for delivering them to the house on Friday, October 7th. The back end of Marlys’s vehicle was certainly full!
We give thanks to the Lord for the 80 years of the LWML in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. We praise His name and with His guidance plan to continue to follow our motto “Serve the Lord with gladness”!