JUMP stands for Just Unique Middle-aged People.
JUMP is a group for people in their 40s and 50s to participate in social and community service events. It is a great opportunity to make friends and live the Christian life. The group meets as opportunity arises and as members offer to host/organize an event.
If you would like to be added to the email list for notice of future JUMP events please contact Janelle at email@example.com.
The JUMP Group (people in their 40s and 50s) will prepare and serve dinner at the Ronald McDonald House in Rochester on Monday, November 18 from 4-8pm. Only 12 people can work at the site and those slots are filled, but others are asked to donate ingredients for the meal. Click here to to sign up for food donations using Sign-up Genius. The JUMP Group will serve the meal at the Ronald McDonald House again on Tuesday, February 18. Hopefully, this will be a quarterly service event. For more information contact Janelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few JUMP participants volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House on January 6, 2019.
- October 27, 2017 – First JUMP gathering at the Fistler home. Fellowship, supper, and Minute to Win It games
- December 10, 2017 – Pizza and Trolley Light Tour of Christmas light displays in Rochester
- January 21, 2018 – Lunch and Bowling at Strikers Corner in Stewartville
- February 18, 2018 – Pot-luck lunch and game day – St. John’s fellowship hall
- March 25, 2018 – Movie/Dinner – matinee I can Only Imagine, dinner at Fat Willy’s
- April 22, 2018 – Lunch and Servant Event – taco meal provided by Myhrvolds, then hung Neighbors Helping Neighbors information flyers door to door
- June 21, 2018 – Dinner and Games at the home of Gary and LuAnn Betcher
- September 8, 2018 – Cruise on the Pearl of the Lake Paddle Wheel Boat in Lake City. Followed by dinner.
- November 11, 2018 – Pot-luck Lunch and fellowship in the church fellowship hall. We also set up the new tables in the fellowship hall.
- December 9, 2018 – Christmas Progressive Dinner at homes of Paul & Sue Smith and Aaron & Janelle Fistler, and in the church fellowship hall.
- January 6, 2019 – Prepared and served the evening meal at the Ronald McDonald House
- February 16, 2019 – Dinner and friendly competition in darts and table shuffleboard at the home of Aaron & Janelle Fistler.
- April 28, 2019 – Movie/Dinner – matinee Breakthrough, dinner at Rooster’s Too
- August 10, 2019 – Meal at the home of Pastor and Connie Fritsch then to the Stewartville Community Theater’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- September 8, 2019 – Movie/Dinner – Overcomers, dinner at Rooster’s Too