JUMP stands for Just Unique Middle-aged People.
JUMP is a group for people in their 40s and 50s to participate in social and community service events. It is a great opportunity to make friends and live the Christian life. The group meets as opportunity arises and as members offer to host/organize an event.
If you would like to be added to the email list for notice of future JUMP events please contact Janelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JUMP Group was scheduled to prepare and serve a pasta bar dinner at the Ronald McDonald House in Rochester on Thursday, April 30 from 4-8pm.
With the recent confirmed case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Olmsted County, in an overabundance of caution and with a focus on the health and safety of children and families, the House is canceling all House Activities, including House Dinners, effective immediately until further notice to minimize the risk of exposure to guests, staff and volunteers.
This action is in alignment with recommendations received from Ronald McDonald House Charities and with actions being taken by other programs across the network.
If you would still like to provide a House Dinner for families, please consider donating individual gift cards ($20 value) to one or more of the following nearby restaurants:
- Canadian Honker
- Pasquale’s Neighborhood Pizzeria
- Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches
- Toppers Pizza
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Please contact Janelle at email@example.com if you are interested in purchasing a gift card. Janelle will let you know as soon we are able to resume volunteering for the RMH dinner program.
We thank those who prepared and served dinner at the Ronald McDonald House on Tuesday, February 18. Those who served included: Kim Feine, Aaron & Janelle Fistler, Bruce & Kay Narveson and Paul & Sue Smith. And thank you to Pete & Tara Wernimont and Arleen Shaw who purchased food.
- October 27, 2017 – First JUMP gathering at the Fistler home. Fellowship, supper, and Minute to Win It games
- December 10, 2017 – Pizza and Trolley Light Tour of Christmas light displays in Rochester
- January 21, 2018 – Lunch and Bowling at Strikers Corner in Stewartville
- February 18, 2018 – Pot-luck lunch and game day – St. John’s fellowship hall
- March 25, 2018 – Movie/Dinner – matinee I can Only Imagine, dinner at Fat Willy’s
- April 22, 2018 – Lunch and Servant Event – taco meal provided by Myhrvolds, then hung Neighbors Helping Neighbors information flyers door to door
- June 21, 2018 – Dinner and Games at the home of Gary and LuAnn Betcher
- September 8, 2018 – Cruise on the Pearl of the Lake Paddle Wheel Boat in Lake City. Followed by dinner.
- November 11, 2018 – Pot-luck Lunch and fellowship in the church fellowship hall. We also set up the new tables in the fellowship hall.
- December 9, 2018 – Christmas Progressive Dinner at homes of Paul & Sue Smith and Aaron & Janelle Fistler, and in the church fellowship hall.
- January 6, 2019 – Prepared and served the evening meal at the Ronald McDonald House
- February 16, 2019 – Dinner and friendly competition in darts and table shuffleboard at the home of Aaron & Janelle Fistler.
- April 28, 2019 – Movie/Dinner – matinee Breakthrough, dinner at Rooster’s Too
- August 10, 2019 – Meal at the home of Pastor and Connie Fritsch then to the Stewartville Community Theater’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- September 8, 2019 – Movie/Dinner – Overcomers, dinner at Rooster’s Too
- November 18, 2019 – Prepared and served the evening meal at the Ronald McDonald House
- December 11, 2019 – Christmas Progressive Dinner at homes of Bruce & Kay Narveson and Aaron & Janelle Fistler, and in the church fellowship hall.
- February 18, 2020 – Prepared and served the evening meal at the Ronald McDonald House