JOY (Just Older Youth) is a group at St. John’s for people 60 and over.
A few of the purposes of this 60 and Over Group are:
- To recognize older adults as gifts of God to the church.
- To enable and encourage older adults to share their faith, gifts, and talents.
- To provide opportunities for fellowship, recreation, and hobbies.
- To provide educational opportunities to understand and deal with the issues of aging.
The next event of the JOY Group will be announced soon.
S.A.G.E.S (Saints ALive! Growing, Ever Serving)
The Older Adult Ministry Committee of our Minnesota South District publishes a quarterly newsletter called Sagacity. It contains news, announcements, Bible studies and games of particular interest to older adults.
- September 30, 2018 – First gathering – Matt and Denise Tveite, guest speakers shared about their work on a Mercy Ship.
- November 25, 2018 – Fellowship and Bunco
- December 16, 2018 – Christmas Caroling
- January 13, 2019 – Speaker from Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge
- February 2, 2019 – Bus trip to see the play, Church Basement Ladies: You Smell Barn
- March 17, 2019 – Speaker Rebecca Wagner, an LCMS national missionary through the Synod’s Mission Field: USA
- April 7, 2019 – Gideon, a Lutheran Church Charities Comfort Dog, along with two handlers from St. Michaels Lutheran Church in Bloomington
- August, 18, 2019 – A trip to Gladiolus farm of John & Barb Meyer followed by supper at Perkins South
- November 2, 2019 – Bus Trip to see the play, Hark the Basement Ladies Sing!
- December 15, 2019 – Christmas Caroling