Before Coming to Sunday School:
- Parents must be certain that their child is not displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell. Other less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If any symptoms are present no one in the family should come to Sunday School.
Arriving at Sunday School:
- Masks must be worn while in the church building by all persons 6 years old and up.
- Social distancing of at least six feet between families must be maintained.
- Please do not arrive too early, but we do want to start on time.
- Sunday School sessions will be held in the fellowship hall, NOT in the education wing. Doors to the education wing will remain locked. Therefore, persons should use the door by the offices (2nd NE) to enter the building. Alternatively, use the side doors from the west parking lot.
- Go to the Check-In Table in the fellowship hall. There students’ attendance will be marked, and a one-time confirmation of contact information will be made.
- Each student (and parents may do so, too) should EITHER wash their hands with soap and water in a bathroom OR use hand sanitizer on the Check-In Table.
- Students should take a place on the floor of the fellowship hall. Places will be marked and appropriately distanced. Siblings may sit together. Students are not be walking or running around.
Sunday School Sessions:
- For the time being we are NOT planning to have individual classes. For the first four weeks Pastor Justin will lead a whole-group devotion and lesson. At the conclusion of that presentation students will be divided by age to go to tables to work on age-appropriate activities or crafts.
- Tables and chairs are properly spaced. The youngest children will use short tables set up in the Sunday School room across from the youth room. Various adults will direct this part of the session.
Leaving Sunday School:
- Parents must pick up their children in the fellowship hall at 10:05. At that time, the youngest students will come back to the fellowship hall to meet parents. Other students will be dismissed individually from their tables to meet parents. Please remember to continue social distancing.
- Consider washing hands or using hand sanitizer once again.
No advance registration is required to attend Sunday School, as there is to attend worship services.
We will again participate in the Young Investors Club of Lutheran Church Extension Fund. Stamps will be sold prior to the beginning of the Sunday School session beginning October 25. Katrina Kumfer will handle the sales.